Veterinarian suggestions, in/around Midtown or Brookside????

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
Rooster_Ties
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Rooster_Ties »

Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good veterinarian with offices in the Midtown or Brookside areas?? I live in the Volker neighborhood, near 39th and State Line, and I’m looking for a good vet within about 5 or 10 miles in any direction.

(And actually, I think I need a vet on the Missouri side, because I need to get the KCMO animal licenses, now that I think of it.)

Or, perhaps more importantly, are there any vets that I should steer clear of?? Any that are particularly bad, or just not all that great??

Thanks for any advice anyone can give. Much appreciated!!!

(PS: A few months ago my wife and I adopted two lovely cats from the Humane Society of Kansas City, KS -- and we just realized that one of them is needing her yearly rabies shot, sometime early in September.)
10-year resident of KCMO, who lives in the Volker neighborhood, near the West 39th Street corridor. I grew up outside of St. Louis, on the Illinois side of the river (near Belleville, IL).
Brooksider
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Brooksider »

Rooster? I take my dog to Noah's Ark at 63rd and Main in Brookside. They have 2 vets, both women, who are very good. They also board animals next door now if you ever need that service. They always seem to win the best vet award every year in the Pitch and the Wednesday Magazine and they always have a float in the Brookside St. Patrick's day parade.
Suburban Sprawl - Cut down all of the trees and name the streets after them.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

I use Rainbow Pet Hospital on Rainbow Blvd, around 45th or so. Both of my dogs are very old, and are beginning to have problems. They have been really good about working with my geriatic babies. It looks a bit shabby, but the care is top notch.
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

Plaza Animal Clinic is pretty good. 50th and Main in the South Plaza.
Rooster_Ties
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Rooster_Ties »

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. Much appreciated!!
10-year resident of KCMO, who lives in the Volker neighborhood, near the West 39th Street corridor. I grew up outside of St. Louis, on the Illinois side of the river (near Belleville, IL).
Rooster_Ties
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Rooster_Ties »

Decided to go with the Rainbow Pet Hospital, simply because it was the closest (and I checked, they can do KMCO pet licencing, despite being on the Kansas side).

Thanks again for all the suggestions!!!