Weather stories from this weekend

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Got to put this story somewhere:

On my way to Manhattan for KSU's first home game, I experienced my first REAL "hydroplaning" incident. Cruising along about 65-70, it was raining but no harder than it had been further towards KC...all of a sudden I see two cars in the ditch on the right and at that EXACT moment, MY car is pointing directly towards the middle barrier....Obviously an "oh shit" went up, the wife puts her head down and somehow I pull out of it. Luckily nobody was next to me in the left lane or I would have wiped them and myself out.

Very scary stuff....

even more scary was on the way home...less rain but in the dark and then to hear the story about what happened on I-35 south by Emporia...very sad and made myself feel very lucky.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

Over here I was going to church but it wasnt raining too hard then, but then when we left it was worse than pouring, water was gushing out of the sewers (if it was the sewers, maybe just drainage pipes) and water flowing fast and hard down the ditches on the hill I live on. I had seen this before, just not in a long time. I didn't think anything of it, we kept saying we needed it. I didn't know about the destruction till the end of the day on the news.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

I went out on Saturday night with indecisive people who like to go to five bars a night, so we went to Charlie Hooper's, The Velvet Dog, the Newsroom, and Davey's Uptown, and got drenched.