KCMO Should have...

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

KCMO Should have...

Post by tat2kc »

Aw, Dan, go ahead! :wink:
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
KCDevin

KCMO Should have...

Post by KCDevin »

i love our president and I am republican too.
STL is where his votes are, thats fine, just as long as he doesn't think STL is better since it isn't.
I guess STL is the closest thing to NYC and NJ (in politness and density, not much niceness) over here.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

KCMO Should have...

Post by StL_Dan »

KCDevin wrote:I guess STL is the closest thing to NYC and NJ (in politness and density, not much niceness) over here.
In what way(s), cuz I don't see it.
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
KCDevin

KCMO Should have...

Post by KCDevin »

dense, and most people i've met are jerks.
the metro is big but the city is small... The first two reasons are why it is.
NYC is nice though, I've been there and in NJ, I went on a cruise throught the potomac and (what bay or whatever is it? we were like 5mins away from the atlantic) 3/4 of the boat were from NJ and 1/4 were from KC (in my suburb) I could see, and the people on the boat even said we were alot nicer and polite, I find alot of STL people like the NJ people.

Also, you are nice ;) and my bro's girlfriend is from Hawk Point (or something like that) and she is nice too :) I find people from STL suburbs are nicer though.
SonicBoi
New York Life
New York Life

KCMO Should have...

Post by SonicBoi »

KCDevin wrote:I am republican
My condolences. You're also 15. Gain a few years before you pick sides.
SonicBoi
1 Samuel 18:3-4: And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself. Jonathan took off the robe he was wearing and gave it to David, along with his tunic, and even his sword, his bow and his belt.
DanCa
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

KCMO Should have...

Post by DanCa »

I've travelled the country and would have to say that if I had to generalize, (and I try not to), people in the Northeast tend to be more on the "jerk" side than KC or St Louis. I have good friends in the NE, but overall, people tend to be much more rude there which is probably a reflection of more crowded conditions, different backgrounds and a different lifestyle. But I always give people a chance, no matter where they're from, because we're all individuals.
KCforumer

KCMO Should have...

Post by KCforumer »

dense, and most people i've met are jerks.
Is it only people in St. Louis that are jerks to you? Or are people in general jerks to you? Maybe the people in St. Louis were jerks to you because of your attitude towards their city.
1/4 were from KC (in my suburb)
Excelsior Springs is more of a rural town than a suburb.

Also, you claim to not like gay people. Why? If somebody you liked turned out to be gay, because of your not knowing it before, would you still like them? There is somebody on this board that you do like, and he is gay. I wonder if you'd still like him, if you knew he was gay.

KCforumer
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

KCMO Should have...

Post by bahua »

Retract the claws, children.
SonicBoi
New York Life
New York Life

KCMO Should have...

Post by SonicBoi »

KCforumer wrote:Also, you claim to not like gay people. Why? If somebody you liked turned out to be gay, because of your not knowing it before, would you still like them? There is somebody on this board that you do like, and he is gay. I wonder if you'd still like him, if you knew he was gay.
He does bring up a very interesting point. What would you do if one of your best friends came out to you? Someone that you care about (on some level) has built up trust in you. How would you react? Would you start ranting in their face or would you be supportive of them. This is a time of great instability in their life. They need as many positive reactions and influances as they can get. Being gay is as much a choice as being str8 or having black hair or green eyes. It is engrained in every fiber of your being. It's not a choice or an addiction.

Edit: Claws retracted. I was actually trying to be funny the first time arround, not evil.
SonicBoi
1 Samuel 18:3-4: And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself. Jonathan took off the robe he was wearing and gave it to David, along with his tunic, and even his sword, his bow and his belt.
KCDevin

KCMO Should have...

Post by KCDevin »

most of the time I wouldn't mind unless they are christian. I would support them, but as a friend, I wouldn't support their actions or anything. Most of my christian friends (my best friend goes to my church) know not to and also don't really like gay people. Although as long as they dont flame me, my religion, or come onto me, I probably won't mind.
If a friend did turn out, I would still be their friend.

The only reason I said what I did on SSP is I was angry, I was ignorant and stupid, but now I know better ;)

Is it only people in St. Louis that are jerks to you? Or are people in general jerks to you? Maybe the people in St. Louis were jerks to you because of your attitude towards their city

Actually no, most I have talked to (w/o saying stuff about STL) are jerks, also, I hear from people and friends who have been there also say they are rude.
Also, why are you attacking me?

And how the crap did you know where I live? (not that it matters, just wondering ;))
I say suburb because we are more dense than alot of surrounding cities, like Kearney for example. Also, we barely have farm land. And rural area just doesn't sound right to me ;)

BTW, I also have a zoned map of our town, not much for farmland and not much R1 places most are from R 2-4.
Anyhow...
KCforumer

KCMO Should have...

Post by KCforumer »

I wasn't attacking you.

KCforumer
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

KCMO Should have...

Post by QueSi2Opie »

There are several people on this board that are "gay". And no, I'm married, but have gay friends.

Devin is more than likely a product of his families views, beliefs and what he is taught in church. Then again, his church teaches him that everyone who isn't Christian and doesn't except Christ at some point in there lives will be condemed to burn in Hell for eternity after they die.

There are only 2 billion Christians world-wide...that's only 35% of the global population. I'm not convinced that 1.1 billion Muslims, 850 million Hindus, 370 million Buddhists, 20 million Jews and the countless other religons and non-religions are going to fry like bacon. Unless of course you think that a loving God wants to make his creations suffer forever?

Homosexuality is jus' another issue the Bible can't explain except label it with sin. Like the unfortunate earthquake that struck Soddom and Gomorrah, I'm sure we'll read about how God wiped out San Francisco when the "Big One" finally hits California in the Book of Mormons Part Duex.

We need to love our neighbor, take care of our enviroment and try to be as pleasant as we can with everything and everyone around us. But remember, humans are animals too...we were born as savage beasts, and that instinct is still within each and every one of us.

BTW Devin, do you know that Christianity once considered a person with a creative mind like your own (in your case, creating skyscrapers and architecture) as a sinner. We were meant to jus' worship and produce children/followers. Fortunately, Christianity has evolved since then and we no longer torture people for the church's sake...but was it God that made it evolve, or was it humans evolving religion? Anyhow, I do believe in a Supreme Being and I'm not an atheist...I'm jus' non-religious.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
Brooksider
Strip mall
Strip mall

KCMO Should have...

Post by Brooksider »

I just want to add that just as about 10% of the general population is gay, about 10% of the christian population is gay also.
Suburban Sprawl - Cut down all of the trees and name the streets after them.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

KCMO Should have...

Post by KCPowercat »

just remember guys, Devin a quite a bit younger than the rest of us (I think) so just keep that in mind. Nobody has gone "over the line" or anything just reminding everybody.

Devin, you need to listen to many of us...it's good to experience other points of view and have an open mind. If you don't "believe" that homosexuality is correct, that is your right....as well as it's somebody else's right to accept homosexuals or be homosexuals themselves....we all have that right so don't go off the deep end that got you in trouble on ssp.com....just take the opinions in, don't react like you have in the past.....

thanks.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

KCMO Should have...

Post by phxcat »

I am also a Christian, but I am not willing to condemn all Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, etc. to Hell- that is a real problem for me. Another problem is Malcom X- a man whose life was totally turned around toward rightousness by Islam- and a branch of Islam that he later relaized was not true Islam. Unlike many Christian leaders, he kept to his faith to the end and did not give in to temptation.

As for homosexuality, I think there could easily be many people who hide their homosexual tendencies behind Christianity, just as there have many many who hide it behind football. The Bible doesn't give homosexuality any more attention than it does other sins. And, I think that Sodom and Gamorrah has more to do with hospitality and depravity in general than with homosexuality. I could not be gay myself, and because I do not have those tendencies, I would be very careful to condemn those who do. Their salvation is between them and God.

I once had a conversation with a woman who was sure that the United States would face God's judgement soon because of legalizing gay marriage. I reminded her that we have done a pretty good job of surviving God's judgement so far, considering slavery, Manifest Destiny, the was against Mexico, the destruction of the Indians including the Trail of Tears and many many borken treaties, legalized segregation for a hundred years after the Civil War, Vietnam, many many international interventions during the Wilson and Reagan administrations, Chile, the Dominican Republic, can we now add Iraq to the list?
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

KCMO Should have...

Post by QueSi2Opie »

KC wrote:just remember guys, Devin a quite a bit younger than the rest of us (I think) so just keep that in mind. Nobody has gone "over the line" or anything just reminding everybody.
I believe Devin is about 15-years-old...and he does have some great visions for the future of this city in terms of architecture and attractions :) I'm sure he'll grow to be a wise adult if he learns to listen to all points of view, even if he doesn't fully accept them. The same way I don't except George Bush Jr. as a competent leader of the American people :wink: Our beliefs and opinions is what makes us all unique and human.

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

KCMO Should have...

Post by trailerkid »

I'm glad Devin is here adding his two cents and always giving us projects to think about. It's great that everyone has different opinions on issues in life, if not, this would be such a boring world.

A lot of the "gay image" is driven, as we have talked before, by the ultra-out, in your face population that is visible on TV and in cities like San Fransico or NY. I would argue that most gay people aren't distinguishable by their dress, speech, or "acting gay." They're just very normal people with hopes, fears and dreams like anyone else. They don't want to be a spectacle and just want normal lives. If everyone who was gay was born with purple hair and forced to leave it...I'm sure almost everyone would be in a state of shock as to the size of this population.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

KCMO Should have...

Post by bahua »

15? I doubt it. I would guess about 19 or 20.
KCDevin

KCMO Should have...

Post by KCDevin »

nope 15,
did I say anything about gays? just wondering, I thought I didn't.
i've been trying not to touch that subject lately.
It's not from my parents, I just developed it. Mainly from school...
We don't believe everyone will burn in hell. We believe the Jews will be in a higher place in heaven than us. Anywho. How did this discussion start?
If I did start this discussion I sure didn't try to.
Oh, BTW, Dylan might take me back to SSP, he unbanned my account, and now will unban my IP so I'm really happy :) I will now leave my arguments at skyscraperamerica.com.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

KCMO Should have...

Post by QueSi2Opie »

KCDevin wrote:nope 15,
did I say anything about gays? just wondering, I thought I didn't.
i've been trying not to touch that subject lately.
It's not from my parents, I just developed it. Mainly from school...
We don't believe everyone will burn in hell. We believe the Jews will be in a higher place in heaven than us. Anywho. How did this discussion start?
If I did start this discussion I sure didn't try to.
Oh, BTW, Dylan might take me back to SSP, he unbanned my account, and now will unban my IP so I'm really happy :) I will now leave my arguments at skyscraperamerica.com.
I think it was more or less a touchy subject we all needed to bring out in the open as a civilized discussion before it turned into a ridiculous arguement caused by a misunderstanding. I know there are people on this forum that share the same views as you do, so I'm apologising because we made you feel this was all your doing. I never read your posts at the other skyscraper forum, but I'm sure you didn't mean every word you wrote...especially the ones out of anger.