KCMO Should have...

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
KCDevin

KCMO Should have...

Post by KCDevin »

thank you ;) I won't go nuts of course, just I am kind of uncomfortable about the subject after SSP.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

KCMO Should have...

Post by bahua »

Now that that's all taken care of, KCDevin, it's time for you to fix the grammar in your sig.
Electric_Cactus
Pad site
Pad site

KCMO Should have...

Post by Electric_Cactus »

With all this talk of bringing huge themparks to this great city, perhaps we should step back and ask ourselves what we really want to see here. From my personal experience of travel throughout many of the large cities in this nation, and having lived north of Cincinnati for 21 years of my short life, I can say we really do have it all. Nice people, resiliant economy, equidistance from many other great places and natural attractions. And even though I'd love to see more tourism and tall buildings downtown, it's really our people that make us great. So, you wanna bring Disney here. That invites an influx of people who would probably have this city become a Denver: place that has attractions but lacks quality, vision and genuine people. Wouldn't it be better to focus on what we already have here?
"Quiet people aren't the only ones who don't say much."
KCDevin

KCMO Should have...

Post by KCDevin »

What we NEED: more hotels.

Oh and do you mean Im changed to I'm? Because the rest is fine. Unless it's punctuation.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

KCMO Should have...

Post by bahua »

You realize what it is, and yet you still haven't changed it.

Cactus:
I agree wholly. Tourist towns generally aren't that great to live in, I've found. KC doesn't need tourists to become a world-class city. It needs real prosperity.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

KCMO Should have...

Post by StL_Dan »

QueSi2Opie wrote: Devin is more than likely a product of his families views, beliefs and what he is taught in church. Then again, his church teaches him that everyone who isn't Christian and doesn't except Christ at some point in there lives will be condemed to burn in Hell for eternity after they die.
Any chruch that claims to teach the Biblical Truth had better teach this fundamental fact of God's Word.

So many people get upset or out of sorts with the "church", but too often forget their problem is with God....not with the followers of God.

Christians did not originate the Bible. The Bible's words are God's own.
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

KCMO Should have...

Post by StL_Dan »

phxcat wrote:...I would be very careful to condemn those who do. Their salvation is between them and God.
I agree...condemning is wrong...but recognizing sin as being sin if very important.

Here is a challenge for anyone reading this post:

check out Romans 1:26-32

It's one of several things God has to say about homosexuality.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

KCMO Should have...

Post by trailerkid »

Not everyone believes in the Bible...give it a rest. There are millions of other people with diatribes that consider you a sinner too. And remember that thing about those without sin casting the first stone?
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

KCMO Should have...

Post by StL_Dan »

trailerkid wrote:Not everyone believes in the Bible...give it a rest. There are millions of other people with diatribes that consider you a sinner too. And remember that thing about those without sin casting the first stone?
it was only a challenge, trailerkid. you are free to accept or reject it. but I don't have to take orders from you to "give it a rest". only our moderator has that authority.

i am not casting any stones.....again, i'm only conveying what god said. if there is a problem with romans 1:26-32, take it up with our creator...he wrote it....not me.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

KCMO Should have...

Post by trailerkid »

Well, maybe KC should start a religion forum and you can "convey" it there. I'm not the moderator, but last time I checked this topic was about Disney.
SonicBoi
New York Life
New York Life

KCMO Should have...

Post by SonicBoi »

And you know the Bible should only be interpeted as it is read without even thinking about what it could actually mean, not to mention that parts have changed and been lost durring the multiple translations. You can just ignore those facts because the bible you read is exactly as "god's" busy hand wrote it, in american english.
SonicBoi
1 Samuel 18:3-4: And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself. Jonathan took off the robe he was wearing and gave it to David, along with his tunic, and even his sword, his bow and his belt.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

KCMO Should have...

Post by QueSi2Opie »

StL_Dan wrote:Christians did not originate the Bible. The Bible's words are God's own.
And the Koran, and the Tamud, and the Torah, and the Qaballah, and the...etc.

Those are God's words in the Book of Mormons as well, ey?

Anyhow, Christianity and Islam are the two most agressive, violent and judgmental religions. Or at least many of their followers interpretations. I think it's mostly a bunch of crap. I believe in one deity as most religions do. I don't think it's my place to judge, there's things I like and there's things I hate...but I'm not gonna hide behind some religion's belief that a Supreme Being said this is what's right and wrong.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
KCDevin

KCMO Should have...

Post by KCDevin »

Anyhow, Christianity and Islam are the two most agressive, violent and judgmental religions

WTF? Christianity is in no way aggressive, Learn more about it willya? It doesn't promote violence, the people do, I suggest you learn more about christianity before saying anything further.
SonicBoi
New York Life
New York Life

KCMO Should have...

Post by SonicBoi »

Devin,

I recommend you read more about Que before you post anything further. He was raised Catholic or at least Christian. And Christianity is (historically at the very least) one of the most aggressive religions. (e.g. the Holy Wars in the olden days and televangelists in the modern days) How many times has Christianity been crammed down a people's throats in the past? Native Americans, the slaves from Africa, the Roman Empire, etc., etc., etc... Also, how many times did they change Christianity to covert more people? Christmas was not part of Christianity until it was adopted from pagans. And what about Easter falling after the Vernal Equinox. That appears to have come from a sun worshiping culture. Furthermore, where was Christ born??? In the Middle East. Strange how all paintings have him looking white, isn't it? Shouldn't he have darker skin and Middle Eastern features rather than looking Anglo-Saxon?

Finally: The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. ~ Lynn Lavner
SonicBoi
1 Samuel 18:3-4: And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself. Jonathan took off the robe he was wearing and gave it to David, along with his tunic, and even his sword, his bow and his belt.
KCDevin

KCMO Should have...

Post by KCDevin »

As I said christianity doesn't promote violence or anything, the people who follow it cause problems, like back during the crusades, they called for them because the Muslims were taking over the Jewish and Christian lands. I'm not saying that i'm against Islam im just explaining why we went on the crusades.
WHy has everyone been bashing me lately? And how the heck did these discussions start? I have my right to my opinon and you all have yours, so quit flaming and bashing me.
KCgridlock

KCMO Should have...

Post by KCgridlock »

KCDevin wrote: WHy has everyone been bashing me lately? And how the heck did these discussions start? I have my right to my opinon and you all have yours, so quit flaming and bashing me.
Who's bashing you?, you are extremely vocal in your ideas, many of which are very sensitive subjects, be careful what you say and you won't get "bashed".

BTW, I agree with Que, religion in general is the main cause of aggresion in the world and that includes Christianity.
KCDevin

KCMO Should have...

Post by KCDevin »

I'm more vocal because I want people to know what I believe, and thats why the subjects should not be discussed.
mpls
Pad site
Pad site

KCMO Should have...

Post by mpls »

KCDevin wrote:As I said christianity doesn't promote violence or anything, the people who follow it cause problems, like back during the crusades, they called for them because the Muslims were taking over the Jewish and Christian lands. I'm not saying that i'm against Islam im just explaining why we went on the crusades.
WHy has everyone been bashing me lately? And how the heck did these discussions start? I have my right to my opinon and you all have yours, so quit flaming and bashing me.
isn't this why you got banned from ssp? you should leave religion out of city discussions, it puts people between a rock and a hard place.
SonicBoi
New York Life
New York Life

KCMO Should have...

Post by SonicBoi »

I'm not bashing. (I would never bash you, much less anyone else.) But, this is a topic where everyone has an opinion and no one is going to change theirs.
SonicBoi
mean
Administrator
Administrator

KCMO Should have...

Post by mean »

If there ever was a god, I'm afraid he's long since decided we were a bad idea from the beginning and gone off to find something more interesting to do.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin