Search found 1022 matches

by KCFutbol
Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:55 pm
Forum: Out of Town Talk
Topic: News from Omaha
Replies: 164
Views: 31035

Re: News from Omaha

HDR to build downtown Omaha high-rise headquarters

http://www.omaha.com/money/hdr-to-build ... 16b58.html

They've been at 84th & Dodge for years. I worked there in the 80's.
by KCFutbol
Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:31 pm
Forum: Kansas Suburbs
Topic: Downtown Mission/ The Gateway
Replies: 1287
Views: 113736

Re: Downtown Mission/ The Gateway

Was watching it out of my office window. Sad.
by KCFutbol
Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:09 pm
Forum: Kansas City Sports
Topic: 2011 Chiefs
Replies: 197
Views: 13264

Re: 2011 Chiefs

I almost hate to say this, but at this point I'd stick with Orton. I've been very pro-Cassel since he got signed, but what Orton showed me yesterday is that he may be better than Cassel. He appears to have a better arm, better vision, better decision-making, and he seems to be more accurate. Grante...
by KCFutbol
Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:49 am
Forum: Kansas City Sports
Topic: turner Gill
Replies: 42
Views: 3506

Re: turner Gill

Turner Gill named head football coach at Liberty University in Virginia. Gill’s two-year coaching stint at Kansas was spotlighted by a victory over...Colorado I laugh, but this is probably a good thing for Turner Gill. C'mon, the article also mentioned the win over No. 15 Georgia Tech. You're right...
by KCFutbol
Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:58 am
Forum: Kansas City Sports
Topic: 2011 - 2012 College Football Season
Replies: 385
Views: 17221

Re: 2011 - 2012 College Football Season

Seriously ATKC, some of the stuff you say... Big Ten, ACC, SEC, Pac-12 all have 2 BCS teams. So, the reason the Big 12 only has 1 is because... The reason Oklahoma State isn't playing for a National Championship is because... OSU made their own bed by losing to 6-6 ISU. Alabama's only loss was to #...
by KCFutbol
Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:05 pm
Forum: Kansas City Sports
Topic: 2011 - 2012 College Football Season
Replies: 385
Views: 17221

Re: 2011 - 2012 College Football Season

As if the people of Joplin haven't been through enough... Two Missouri Southern football plays killed in I-44 crash The victims were identified as Michael McCrimmons, 19, and Diondre Johnson, 19, both former graduates of Parkview High School in Springfield. "Former graduates"? Really?
by KCFutbol
Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:41 pm
Forum: Kansas City Sports
Topic: turner Gill
Replies: 42
Views: 3506

Re: turner Gill

That's who they should have hired instead of Turner Gill. I still can't believe Lew handed over $10 million to a guy with a 20-30 record at Buffalo . That's why Gill didn't get the Nebraska job. TO didn't think he had proved himself at Buffalo. There was a fair number of fans who wanted him more fo...
by KCFutbol
Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:35 am
Forum: Kansas City Sports
Topic: TIME TO FREAK OUT AGAIN ABOUT CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT! THE BIG 12 IS DEAD! MAYBE!
Replies: 4304
Views: 189186

Re: TIME TO FREAK OUT AGAIN ABOUT CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT! TH

Here was Tom Shatel before Nebraska played Michigan St (a loss would have put the Huskers 3 games back with four to play). I definitely shared his sentiment. I take no joy in facing Michigan and Ohio St. as conference rivals, and not just because the Big 10 is in a down cycle. This does not feel li...
by KCFutbol
Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:06 am
Forum: Kansas City Sports
Topic: 2011 - 2012 College Football Season
Replies: 385
Views: 17221

Re: 2011 - 2012 College Football Season

I think any coach should get four years, or at least three, but in Turner's case the team just looks so dreadful and the reports leaking out are that he is not much for the Xs and Os and is not pushing these kids hard enough in practice which leads me to believe he may be in over his head. Probably...
by KCFutbol
Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:17 pm
Forum: Kansas City Sports
Topic: TIME TO FREAK OUT AGAIN ABOUT CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT! THE BIG 12 IS DEAD! MAYBE!
Replies: 4304
Views: 189186

Re: TIME TO FREAK OUT AGAIN ABOUT CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT! TH

KCPowercat wrote:And the governor is just fine losing that revenue for spite. Really has his state in mind doesn't he.


Just like he pissed away the Tour of Missouri. :evil:
by KCFutbol
Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:25 pm
Forum: Kansas City Sports
Topic: TIME TO FREAK OUT AGAIN ABOUT CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT! THE BIG 12 IS DEAD! MAYBE!
Replies: 4304
Views: 189186

Re: TIME TO FREAK OUT AGAIN ABOUT CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT! TH

phxcat wrote:I personally hate to lose the tradition of old rivals, and hated to see Nebraska (which is already starting to see that they made a mistake) go for that reason.


On what do you base this opinion?

From everything I've heard from the NU fanbase, we are very satisfied with the move to the Big X.
by KCFutbol
Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:59 am
Forum: Kansas City Sports
Topic: 2011 - 2012 College Basketball Season
Replies: 659
Views: 27006

Re: 2011 - 2012 College Basketball Season

bobbyhawks wrote:http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/32158182

Perry Ellis to Lawrence and so on.


^^Doesn't that look like an mgsports post?


Now it does.
by KCFutbol
Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:56 pm
Forum: Kansas City Sports
Topic: 2011 - 2012 College Football Season
Replies: 385
Views: 17221

Re: 2011 - 2012 College Football Season

And how does that change what I said?
by KCFutbol
Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:46 am
Forum: Kansas City Sports
Topic: 2011 - 2012 College Football Season
Replies: 385
Views: 17221

Re: 2011 - 2012 College Football Season

AllThingsKC wrote:Anybody see this? Instant classic!

Image


Pot, kettle, black.

The greed of Texas is the primary reason the Big XII is on ther verge of destruction.
by KCFutbol
Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:44 am
Forum: Kansas City Scene
Topic: beer.
Replies: 2009
Views: 141019

Re: beer.

bahua wrote:That's terrible news! I loved their stout.


Me, too. I noticed it was missing recently when I stopped to get drinks for the SKC tailgate. :x
by KCFutbol
Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:31 pm
Forum: Kansas City Sports
Topic: 2011 Sporting Kansas City
Replies: 140
Views: 12660

Re: 2011 Sporting Kansas City

SKC is not "allegedly" averaging 19K per game. They are averaging 17,583. They have had 6 games that were sellouts (18,457) or better. Last night the attendance was 20,018. Not too bad considering the glut of games in the last two months. Sorry. I only put the allegedly in there because I...
by KCFutbol
Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:33 pm
Forum: Kansas City Sports
Topic: 2011 Sporting Kansas City
Replies: 140
Views: 12660

Re: 2011 Sporting Kansas City

I think that the grass roots support for the team has been impressive.  Averaging 19k/game (allegedly) is not too far off the Royals average, granted games are less frequent.  Media coverage has not really caught ahold of this locally, but I don't see how a soccer fan can't be somewhat excited by h...
by KCFutbol
Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:52 am
Forum: Downtown
Topic: OFFICIAL - Performing Arts Center construction
Replies: 2333
Views: 194087

Re: OFFICIAL - Performing Arts Center construction

shinatoo wrote:Do you know what "Prevailing wage" is?


Yes, I do. I've been in the construction industry since 1975.

I get tired of people slagging on construction workers because "they make too much." And that was what I inferred from the earlier comments.
by KCFutbol
Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:11 pm
Forum: Downtown
Topic: OFFICIAL - Performing Arts Center construction
Replies: 2333
Views: 194087

Re: OFFICIAL - Performing Arts Center construction

beautyfromashes wrote:"prevailing wage"


We wouldn't want those darn construction workers to make a decent wage.
by KCFutbol
Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:24 pm
Forum: Kansas City Sports
Topic: 2011 Sporting Kansas City
Replies: 140
Views: 12660

Re: 2011 Sporting Kansas City

kcjak wrote:I'd be afraid we'd end up with something lame like the Amway logo (Real Salt Lake?) or worse...


Amway sponsors San Jose.

Supposedly Sporting has a shirt sponsorship in the works.